This section contains examples in which pyGDM is used on specific physical problems. For more technical examples, see the tutorials.
Comparison to Mie theory¶
The spectra calculated by Mie theory used in the corresponding
examples can be
Comparison to selected publications¶
- Forward / backward resolved scattering
- Dipolar emitter coupled to gold split-ring resonator
- Plasmonic polarization conversion
- Heat generation
- Decay rate of dipolar emitter
The examples on the evolutionary optimization module (EO) are not deterministic. If the results differ from run to run, this is completely normal and actually the consequence of the main drawback of evolutionary optimization: Convergence to the global optimum can never be guaranteed!. Nevertheless, usually the optimizations converge very closely to the optimum, which can be tested by repeated runs of the same optimization.
- Maximize scattering
- Maximize nearfield enhancement